TURN YOUR BIGGEST HEADACHES INTO OPPORTUNITIES
The shift to B2C fulfillment has changed the landscape of 3PL. Will you only exist or will you excel?
The seismic shift in 3PL warehousing means managing a huge volume of smaller orders and a tremendous number of SKUs
How can you beat the SKU invasion?
- Optimise slotting for picking
- Add case flow lanes to accommodate more SKUs
- Use variable height picking processes to increase pick locations
Rising costs and competition are increasing industry pressures
How can you better manage increased costs?
- Right-size your fleet to reduce administrative burden and extend equipment life
- Deploy hydrogen fuel cell power to help reduce electrical consumption
- Embrace technology to help increase speed and accuracy
So many SKUs, so little space
How can you squeeze more out of what you have?
- Go vertical for greater capacity
- Install hydrogen fuel cell-powered lift trucks to eliminate battery charging and storage space demands
- Deploy multi-faceted approach to accommodate current needs and projected growth
Customer expectations are sky high and they don’t have to settle for less
How can you wow your customers?
- Provide customers with instant access to shipment status and inventory
- Unify products, shipping materials and packaging labels with clients’ brand guidelines
- Help increase efficiency, lower operating costs, and offer value-adds with Big Data
LAST MILE LOGISTICS
Customers place high value on the speed, security, traceability and cost of delivery
How are you going to win in the end?
- Implement RFID technology for traceability which can reduce errors, labor costs and delivery time
- Deploy walkie pallet trucks with a DSD package for an ergonomic solution to moving product
- Split inventory across different fulfillment centers to shorten the final delivery distance
Variable demand and turnover adds strain to a shrinking labor pool and high turnover in 3PL
How can you attract and retain talent?
- Deploy robotic solutions for repetitive tasks and direct workers to more value-added activities
- Utilize equipment designed with advanced ergonomics to help keep operators happy and healthy
- Use telematics to help manage equipment access and training updates